Maker, Hacker, Student. I love building websites and programming embedded devices.
My name is Nathan Robinson, I am 17 years old and I live in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. I have created many projects on GitHub, and I love programming C++,
June 2017 - Present: TankClarity
I was offered to work with TankClarity, a startup operating in the fuel business, because of my experience with Particle and creating bash tools like po-util.
I have developed a tool to automate the product setup process, created a HomeKit intergration, and more.
February - June 2017: Web Consultant
- Created and administered the website for DPC New England, a coalition of doctors providing direct primary care. Developed Wordpress, Discourse, and system administration skills on an Ubuntu Linux server. Now providing administrative support and ongoing system updates.
October 2016 - Present: Particle-Raspberry Pi Alpha Tester
Late 2015 - Present: Particle Community Volunteer
- Over the past year, I have devoted much of my free time to voluntarily helping members of the Particle Community.
- Assisting the developers and users of Particle, a company providing extensive Internet of Things services and micro-controller development kits used by developers and companies worldwide. I directly address topics within the active community, provide assistance with code, and give feedback on Particle’s tools and services.
2016 - Present: Cape Elizabeth High School
- Coding Club President, Junior Varsity Basketball, Technical Theatre
- In Coding Club I focus on helping students create projects with the Particle IoT platform and teach them the fundamentals of developing smart devices and web based applications.
- Presented to the Cape Elizabeth Education Foundation and received a $1,200 grant to purchase Raspberry Pi and Particle Photon hardware kits for use in Coding Club.
- Operated the sound and lights for several productions in the Cape Elizabeth High School theater.
Summer 2016: Oxbridge Experience in Boston
- Majored in Computer Science and minored in Neuropsychology during the summer of 2016 while residing at the Harvard Law School.
- Created a semi-autonomous rover using a Particle Photon, and a Raspberry Pi that completed various tasks. Building the robot improved my C++ and Python programming skills.
- Grades for Oxbridge Experience in Boston
2015 - 2016: ACS Hillingdon International School, London
- Tech Club, Genius Bar, ISTA, Junior Varsity Basketball, Volleyball and Tennis
Summer 2015: Cambridge Prep Experience
- Majored in Science and the Future and minored in Speech and Debate in the summer of 2015 while residing at Peterhouse College at Cambridge University.
- Grades for Cambridge Prep Experience
Summer 2014: Oxford Prep Experience
- Majored in Computer Science and minored in Creative Writing in the summer of 2014 while residing at Oriel College at Oxford University.
- Grades for Oxford Prep Experience
Skills and Interests:
- I have used both the Photon and Electron, and continue to use Particle tools to develop projects in Coding Club and my own personal projects.
- I am well versed with the command line and enjoy creating scripts to expedite development worflows. Creating po-util is an example of such a script, and has improved my understanding of Bash greatly.
- Camping, Tennis, Volleyball, Basketball, Archery, Video Games, Creating Developer Tools